Programme for inicial vocational qualification of plant nursery and gardening operations
Designed for pupils lightly disable. They have usually been schooling in Primary and, some of them, in Secondary in ordinary centres under the integrative framework with the necessary curricular adaptations. They are able to master traditional school skills (reading, writing, mathematics.) and they go on improving them in the area of Basic Training.
The emphasis is to put into practice the learnings that have been selected for their usefulness for daily life.
In the specific gardening Professional Training pupils learn about preparing the soil, planting, watering, hoeing, barverting etc. Our greenhouse is particularly useful in winter. Another important learning is planting trees; often they will be grown from seeds inside the school during the autumn and winter and planted in the ground in spring.
As complementary activities they have physical education and artistic expression.
Another important thing is to help them on the social and personal development.
Who can enrol?
Pupils from 16 to 21 years of age who haven't reached the objectives of Compulsory Secondary Education and need an educational answer, more adjusted to their personal characteristics, with a specific methodology, selected contents, specialized teachers, and varying durations of the courses.
Professional skills adquired
The plant nursery and gardening worker participates in the following activities: setting up, growing, and care of gardens and nursery plants as an assistant of a qualified gardener. He/she also works on maintenance services in gardens.
It is organised around the following areas, which are developed weekly along 30 teaching periods.
- Specific vocational modules:
- Specific stage of plant nursery and gardening operations. (12- 15 hours)
- Alternance training (100 hours)
- Formative character training stage:
- Basic training (4-6 hours)
- Social and personal development (6-8 hours)
- Business and labour market (2-3 hours)
- To acquire an integral education, strengthening the basic capacities and learnings.
- To provide a vocational training that allows them to join the labour market.
- To guide them on how to cope with the working environment, to give them safety guidance and advice on job searching.
When pupils finish their studies they receive a CERTIFICATE that certifies the professional skills acquired.
- Gardening companies and plant nurseries.
- Gardening jobs in public institutions (Town Halls.).
- Special working centres of gardening and greenhouses.